Marketing and Communications Position
The Director of Marketing and Communications will design and deliver messages about The Oaks Academy to a wide variety of constituents. He or she will help cast a vision for strategic communications, develop organizational messaging and execute plans via all mediums, as well as lead The Oaks Academy’s strategies in brand awareness, marketing and lead generation by supporting our admissions department, advancement department and the greater school community.
This is a new position at The Oaks Academy and an opportunity to build systems and create value to an already successful organization. All current communications work is developed in the advancement and admissions offices. Centralizing these functions will allow for more strategic efforts, consistency, quality and increased capacity in other areas. A strong candidate will seek to build on the current foundation and make an impact — moving the organization forward in important ways over time.
• 5 to 10+ years of experience in marketing and/or communications with increasing responsibility
• Highly motivated, creative, energetic, enthusiastic self-starter and dynamic team player
• The ability to think strategically at a high level, but also understand and enjoy the intricacies of executing communications strategies
• Ability to interpret analytics and make data-driven recommendations, decisions and improvements to drive results
• An understanding of (or willingness to learn) both school admissions and/or fundraising processes
• Experience designing, leading and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive conversions
• A full understanding of digital and traditional marketing and communications
• Understand and value permission-based marketing, segmentation, personalization and dynamic content
• An eye for great design and user interface preferences
• The ability to craft beautiful messages that move people to action
• Strong long-form writing
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
• A person of Christian faith and devoted member of a Christian community or church
• A deep passion for The Oaks Academy mission and commitment to our Core Values
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full benefits offered. To apply, please send your résumé, cover letter, salary requirements, three references, three writing samples, portfolio and any supporting materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed as received and are due no later than June 30, 2017, with an expected start date of August 1, 2017.